This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Where would you use this tool?

What is it or Wazzit? Have a mystery item you want help figuring out its use. . . this is the place to ask.
Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.
Circle of Safety: Y

Where would you use this tool?

Postby Redcub » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:34 pm

A guy had about 5 of them for sale at the Tractor Swap Meet. I went back about an hour later and caved in. I had to have it. Another one of those top shelf dust collectors I guess.
Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Where would you use this tool?

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:16 pm

Corner brace drill, used for working in close quarters. A lot of them for sale on ebay.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rabbit Holler Flash
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rabbit Holler Flash » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:36 pm

Used one a lot in Building Trades class in high school. Our instructor was a old time carpenter and we had to learn his way first, Then we advanced to power tools. Drilling holes for the wiring in a house without power tools u get a real workout on a corner brace n bit. Also had to learn framing square, no speed squares in his class we each had a carpenters chest full of hand tools to care for and sharpen.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:39 pm

Rabbit Holler Flash wrote:Used one a lot in Building Trades class in high school. Our instructor.....
U. P. Woods?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rabbit Holler Flash
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rabbit Holler Flash » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:10 pm

Nope E.C.Shelton Bonne Terre Vo Tech instructor,. I did have Mr Woods several times as a sub in woodworking class at P.H.S. Soon as he found out who my dad was I had it " made in the shade" in his class. :lol:

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:06 pm

I would love to have one of those to add to my Brace and Bit collection (which I still use btw :-) ) along with my egg beater hand drill and my Yankee's ... I love my hand tools :big smile: I must hit some flea markets/yard sales this summer :idea:

You should be able to find a few projects to use that one. :wink:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.

Postby Redcub » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:32 pm

Ohhhhhh Rudi, now you've done it. We all expect pics of your Brace and Bit collection now. Come on....
Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

Return to “Wazzits?”