IH Dealers of the past

Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:56 pm

I found this site and thought I would share it.

I have been doing some research into my grandpa's old dealership and came across it. I know it was brought up a while ago by someone or this could even be the same.

http://home.comcast.net/~mickhaynes/

Re: IH Dealers of the past

Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:10 pm

That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:49 pm

I see they do not have Sparks Equipment we had here in Potosi, MO. Probably just as well, he put himself out of business due to his unscrupulous business dealings.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Also missing a pylon truck dealership and tractor dealership in Salisbury, NC, Concord Truck and Tractor became Moeller Truck and Tractor. Kannapolis had a Cadet dealership, and finally, I don't remember Landis ever selling anything IH. I'll have to check that.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:22 pm

I don't think some of the dealers listed for NC weren't really full-fledged dealers. At least not selling tractors/trucks. They must have been hardware/feed stores that maybe sold parts or something? I know for example there was no IH dealer in Burgaw or Warsaw, NC. They would most likely have been served by Wallace Motor & Implement Co. in Wallace.

Al

Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:09 pm

That is a great site :D :thanx: .it would be nice to see a compleat list of Ontario and Canada.John

Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:15 pm

Remember, 253685 was delivered to a hardware store. Don't know if it went through Carolina Tractor or not.