This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I Have Em All

The Collector's Show & Tell is the place to show off and discuss your favorite collectables with other forum members. Coins, stamps, toys, ephemera, guns, knives, doodads, etc.
Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:02 pm

I believe there are 4 yellow's The cub bear, the short decal, long decal, ans special edition one that I think Don was refering to. That one has a special marking below the HDLC, line. and then theres the red's that you seem to have covered.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

dirt devil
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 04461
Skype Name: dirtdevil919
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1963 Farmall Cub
1965 IH Cub Lo Boy
1964 Cub Cadet 100
1967 Cub Cadet 123

Postby dirt devil » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:13 pm

Don McCombs wrote:Dave,

The first 11 bar grille model represents the late 54-55 Cub model years, with the red grille and completely red hood. The second 11 bar grille model represents the 56-57 Cub model years, with the white grill and white panel under the hood side nameplates.

Don that is fine as I have those. For some reason I read it that it was one red and one "yellow" and white.

Sorry for the mix up
Dave
Dave

don eicher
10+ Years
10+ Years

Bear Cob

Postby don eicher » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:18 pm

Rudi..I have the Bear Cub. On the box it says ERTYL collectible.Tractor is marked ERTYL 689-8916. Believe you need one more. But then thats the way it is with Cubs.Never too many. Don Eicher

dirt devil
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 04461
Skype Name: dirtdevil919
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1963 Farmall Cub
1965 IH Cub Lo Boy
1964 Cub Cadet 100
1967 Cub Cadet 123

Postby dirt devil » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:57 am

What does this "Bear Cub" look like?

THanks Dave
Dave

Poppy 1948
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Poppy 1948 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:10 am

I have an Ertl from 1998 that is labled Ertl Collectibles 4999 on the end of the box and Foxfire Friends on the front of the box.

It is a white and yelow cub with a porcelain bear and under the picture of the tractor is "Cub on a cub #B2". I assume the cub is the same as one of the series. This one has the long decal.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:26 am

The Foxfire Cub on a Cub tractor is almost identical to one of the others (but that can be said of all of them can't it?). Two (as I recall) of the seven are special editions and have wording cast into the left side. The circle Cub says "1989 1ST EDT" and the yellow long stripe says "1991 EDITION". They also have black steering wheels. The Foxfire Cub appears to be identical to the other yellow long stripe (including the black steering wheel) but doesn't have any added wording on the side.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:19 am

Pic's please????
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:24 pm

Guys:

I think I am going to be busy for the next hour or so. I am trying to figure out all the different ERTL 1/16th scale Cubs.

I have already started going through all the ones I have collected so far, I am cataloguing the pics into a new folder and will add it in a bit. Hopefully in the next hour or so... we shall see.

I knew about the FoxFire Cub.. Ralph has already brought me up to speed on that one months ago, and I am looking for one.. but it is a different product group, so I am not considering it as a pure ERTL Cub... yet..

I saw something about the chrome plated one and will do a search on :eBay: for it in the completed listings.. and maybe snag some info on that as well..

This I think is going to become another one of those interesting pages for the server..

Working, working, working... :big smile:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

spiveyman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29644

Postby spiveyman » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:05 pm

Congrats on your (completed ?) collection Rudi! Dad and I each have one toy cub, and looking around for deals on the other ones. I hope you get your cubs cataloged and figure all this out! 8)
Andrew Spivey

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

'49 Cub.....(Mr. Cub)

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:39 pm

Rudi, it pains me to have to say this, to you of all people:

Pictures!
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:20 pm

Geeze Rudi, I guess that means you don't need the yeller one like Rufus?? I was holding it for ya....

I just sent Dan Overcash my only yeller one with the long stripe. I also have one or 2 red ones with the blue/black stripe. And the Foxfire one with the long stripe and the bear.

It started out just to get a yeller one and a red one like the ones I own, but I am not paying $30 more for one with an upright exhaust! So I am happy with the underslung red one and a few too many yeller ones (although technically they are almost the same as my Lo Boy).

I didn't even buy out all of them at the TSC in MI when they had the re-relased one. They were $11 each, and the JD 'H' was $6. Sold em last year before Christmas on EBay.

By the way they have a close out going on now at TSC for A's (15.96) and Super C's (26.43)

My good friend has a JD shrine (china cabinet) but that is a lot easier to do cause there is a lot of JD stuff around. Guess I should have a Cub as a guest in the shrine!
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years

Now here is the whole bunch ... Caution Verry large file...

Postby Ralph » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:47 pm

Here is a group shot

another

Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:44 am

I know that I was hoping to post an updated list shortly, but it took me a lot longer than I expected. A lot longer....

As I was looking through my jpegs, I immediately spotted the main one that I was missing. That would be # 235 which is now #1 on my gotta acquire priority list. It ain't happenin before Christmas, so I am going to have to wait.

Larry wrote:Geeze Rudi, I guess that means you don't need the yeller one like Rufus?? I was holding it for ya....

Larry, I had paid for a Cub with the short stripe way back in April. We still have yet to see it. So when I found another one for $13.99 and got it, I told the seller that I wanted it shipped a particular way, as the previous one got shipped the way he wanted it to go and we never received it. So, he tried to find a way to ship it cost effectively. We chatted back and forth for about a two week period as he tried to figure out his way through the USPS maze.

We finally we able to find a way that was acceptable to both him and I, and it went out in the mail. I was told not to pay a cent until it got here, so that I didn't risk another $40.00 loss. After another 2 week wait for a package that should have arrived in 4 days... I tried to pay for it, and thank him at least for trying. Instead I found feedback left and a huge surprise. I could not pay for the item as it was already marked paid and really top notch feed back left.

2 days later the Cub showed up... I still am amazed by it all.

Now, if your other Cub is # 235... let me know and I will go pay for it today... please.... :big smile: If you have an extra FoxFire, let me know an I will acquire that one as well.

As for the Chromed version.. I guess I may be waiting a very long time to find that one.. but along with the FoxFire version, I think that is like a specialty extra.

Ralph wrote:Here is a group shot

I knew Ralph had the complete set, and Ralph, thanks for the great single shots. There were a couple I was missing for the next little project. I am going to use all of those singles for the project if it is okay with you. Let me know what you think when posted ok?
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:02 am

Thats awesome pics Ralph!!! They look great.

Collecting is fun but there are so many things to collect. I just started with tractors, I have a few tractor signs and tractor toys plus christmas lights too "IH" and M farmall lights of course plus "IH" & M Farmall ornaments too. After christmas i'm being evicted by the misses all my tractor stuff is going in the basement. I'm now thinking of remodeling my down stairs room into my tractor room. One wall with signs of all makes of tractors and tractor lights all over the place too. A little farm history thats what made this country so great..... :D
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:05 am

When I saw that chromed one on eBay I was mighty impressed... and slightly tempted. I sure am glad it went to a wonderful home! That is a cool collection Ralph and I am really happy to hear it was you that got it.

I was thrown for a bit by the second square hood red one, but with the full picture I recognized it to be the RPRU special.

Thanks for the pictures.

Larry
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Collector's Show & Tell”