This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ertl is ready for RPRU, special edition Farmall Cub!

The Collector's Show & Tell is the place to show off and discuss your favorite collectables with other forum members. Coins, stamps, toys, ephemera, guns, knives, doodads, etc.
John68
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John68 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:25 am

Don,

try going to http://www.cngco.com

I'm sure Ken has plenty in stock! Hopefully, he'll elaborate more on his "hint" about new production farmall cub toys to come out. :D

I am currently doing a scratch build Cub-22 sickle mower in 1/16 scale. It's downright impossible to do it 100% to scale, though. When take a measurement and divide it by 16, the numbers get scary low! This is especially true when you have a 1/4 inch thick steel piece. 1/4inch in 1/16th scale is exactly HALF the thickness of 22 guage steel! I guess getting things "close" is good enough. If it were dead on, the piece would be so fragile that a gust of wind would destroy it.

Ken, please don't keep us in suspense! Perhaps I missed a prototype in TTT? I was on teh edge of my seat when Franklin mint did a 1/12 Farmall A, I'm still waiting to be knocked off my chair when I see the 1/12 Cub counterpart. :D
John

1953!! Farmall F-Cub, bought "new" on this farm in July 1955, in service from 1955-76 and sat 'til '93 when I did a total mech. resto on it & a quick coat of Rust-Oleum "Safety Red" paint. A full metal and paint restoration will be done.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:08 am

Went into my Case/Ih dealer today to pick up some gaskets and my parts guy Jim handed me 2 from behind the counter that I had reserved. My kids are dying to take them out of the boxes. Ol dad says nay!!!!!!!!!

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:42 am

Normally the RPRU show tractor has a serial number affixed if it is a Scale Models or SpecCast model, but it is my understanding Ertl will not do that.

So, the models sold at RPRU have in addition to the 2007 Red Power Roundup , Bloomsburg, PA stamp on the bottom of the model, a minature blue/white/yellow dealer decal with "18th Annual Red Power Roundup, June 21-23, 2007, Bloomsburg, PA". The little decal is in zip lock bag and you have to install it yourself (the display model had it on the floorboard), but it is only with the "show" model and not included with the models sold by dealers.

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:47 am

Paul B
Both of my models had those stickers taped on the inside of the box. I didn't know what the where for. The where in the RPRU boxes with the dates on the boxes. Wander whats up with that? I positive though, both of them have them in a small bag tape to the inside top of the box.

podge

Bermuda Ken
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53536
Tractors Owned: Tractors owned past/present:

Farmall.....F-1206, F-806 sn#501.

Cub Cadet...Original(s), 122, Spirit of 76, 1200, 1250, 1450, 782, 782 Diesel (2), 984, 982, CADET 000 LT Prototype.

Postby Bermuda Ken » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:29 pm

John68 wrote:I'm sure Ken has plenty in stock! Hopefully, he'll elaborate more on his "hint" about new production farmall cub toys to come out. :D

Ken, please don't keep us in suspense! Perhaps I missed a prototype in TTT? I was on teh edge of my seat when Franklin mint did a 1/12 Farmall A, I'm still waiting to be knocked off my chair when I see the 1/12 Cub counterpart. :D

.......all right.......a hint.......no one missed seeing the prototype(s) on T.T.T. its not on there.........yet!

Don't look for F.M. to build a Cub, if they did it would be messed up like the H and A-Super A are
Cub Cadets....Engineered for people who know better!

Jim Reid
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Reid » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:30 pm

I am sure i am opening up a can of worms but my CUBS were MADE IN THE USA i refuse to buy what i consider inferior models that are imported i do not have a problem with how other people think or spend their money i just do what makes me feel good.
Jim.

John68
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John68 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:41 pm

HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I guess I should get moving on my "high detail" Cub 22 sickle mower. I got all the rock guards and the outer shoe cast in pewter. I plan on doing the knife bar and knives out of a single piece of thin brass. With any luck, it shoudl actually "cut."

Thanks for the hint! oh, and here's a hint for you, I haven't ordered a case of them from you..... yet!

:shock: :shock: :D :D
John

1953!! Farmall F-Cub, bought "new" on this farm in July 1955, in service from 1955-76 and sat 'til '93 when I did a total mech. resto on it & a quick coat of Rust-Oleum "Safety Red" paint. A full metal and paint restoration will be done.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:42 pm

podge
Check again. The ones at RPRU were in one end of the box, and not taped to the box. If you look at the adds for RPRU in the magazines it list Dave Daugherty as the point of contact to order the model from Chapter 17, and Dave told me that he had to put all the little decals in the boxes of the ones sold there. I'm not saying you don't have them in yours, but it was my understanding that Chapter 17 had the decals made, but I could be wrong, I have been before.

Return to “Collector's Show & Tell”