This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Dad's Farmall Regular & why I missed the Bash

Farmall Regular, 1924-1932
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
poppy-1948
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45693
Tractors Owned: 1930 Farmall Regular
1948 F Cub
1950 Farmall H
1956 International 350U
1982 John Deere 750

Re: Dad's Farmall Regular & why I missed the Bash

Postby poppy-1948 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Picked up the Father's day present to myself on Saturday. The Regular did run but not good enough to drive itself onto the trailer.

I borrowed my brother-in-law's F350 flat bed and rented a tilt bed goose neck complete with solar panel to recharge the battery for the hydraulics.

Got home too late to get her into the barn but snapped a shot of the mag Sunday morning. It's obviously not the correct IH mag, but most everything else is original. Will upload more detail later.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Barnyard » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:38 pm

Dale, that sure is a good looking one.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

poppy-1948
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45693
Tractors Owned: 1930 Farmall Regular
1948 F Cub
1950 Farmall H
1956 International 350U
1982 John Deere 750

Postby poppy-1948 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:40 am

Thanks Bill. Here are some more pics and a couple of questions.

My oldest and youngest "convertibles" side by side.

I posted a pic of the mag previously. Here is the lever set up as original with the spark lever towards the front.

There is no spark adjustment on the Fairbanks mag so the lever rods were pinned.

Here's a shot of the one and only hand brake and the PTO/belt pulley lever. Note the foot rest.

A view from the front showing the choke handle and the diamond plate heat shield. I'm not sure why it's there.

And a close up of the carburetor.

The PO replaced the rear tires about 25 years ago he said. I haven't done a search yet but can JB Weld "fix" tires? :?:

Will it fit?

With a little help from the F150.

The 3 Farmalls are safely tucked away.

Just for fun I tried cranking her after pushing it into the barn and it fired right up on the first crank and ran for a few seconds, then died and would not crank again, so there's some tweaking needed somewhere.

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby ricky racer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:43 pm

Anyone else see a problem here??

I think you're one Cub short of a full barn. Time to start looking again!! :lol:

On the serious side, as you know, you really need to be careful when loading your Regular on a trailer. With the tread width of the tractor and the single hand brake, Farmall Regulars (and other F series) are a very dangerous tractors to load and unload.

What makes yours even more dangerous is the added width of the cut-off wheels which look like they were offset to clear the final drives. You may want to look for another set with larger diameter rims which would allow clearance for the final drives and less offset.
When I bought my Regular, I ended up buying a different trailer with a 102" wide deck. I'm sure the trailer you used also had a 102" width but it looks like a close fit. If you don't ever plan on transporting the tractor you probably don't have to worry about it, however, if you will transport it....

Anyway, great looking tractor!! Keep us updated with pictures as you work on it. Oh, one more thing. If you are going to paint the tractor, tighten the frame (box tubing) connections at the rear end, motor mounts, radiator mounts and the front bolster before hand. If not tight they will flex somewhat and damage your paint job.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Return to “Farmall Regular”