This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall M light upgrade

Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450 & 560 Tractors, 1939-1963
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
56cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15057
Circle of Safety: Y

Farmall M light upgrade

Postby 56cub » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:22 pm

Back in july I bought a farmall M because I had been wanting a big rowcrop farmall for awhile. It has been sitting oustide for awhile and the old lights where shot. The bulbs where hanging on by the wires and I ended up duct taping then to the housing just for looks.

Here is a before shot.

Yesterday I was at a swap meet and saw a set of chrome headlights for sale and thought wow those would look sweet on my M :lol: :lol: so I bought them. As soon as I got home I got rid of those ugly old lights and tried to put my new ones on. The mounting bolts where just a little to big for the light clamps so I had to drill them out a little so the new lights would fit. I also had to set up a wiring system for them since the old one was long gone. After I got them all wired up I waited until dark and Turned them on. Let me tell you what these light work great. They will really help if I ever need to drive the M to work at 5:30 am again :{_}: :{_}:

Here are the pics.
Just for fun here is a picture of the light switch that I used since I didn't have a toggle switch on hand lol
Last edited by 56cub on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall M light upgrade

Postby Winfield Dave » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:57 pm

I like the chrome...headlights and dual rear view mirrors at the same time [check out the reflection in the photo]
Good initiative Matt...using what you find to make it work. :D
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:54 am

yep on the chrome,now Ray can back up without turning his head!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry Ray ,I just had to!!!!!Kevin :shock: :shock: :shock:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:44 pm

One of our Farmall H tractors had a light like that on the left side, though not quite as deep. it also served as a mirror for that side. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:04 pm

One must assume that the charging system has been upgraded.
Luck favors those who are prepared

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:13 pm

12VOLT + ALT. :shock: :shock: :shock:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Return to “Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450, & 560”