This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Water Temp. Gauge

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jonny2guns4u
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43078
Tractors Owned: 1952 Allis-Chalmers WD
1948 Farmall Cub
1949 Allis-Chalmers G
1941 Farmall BN

Water Temp. Gauge

Postby jonny2guns4u » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Hello All,

I have what is probably a stupid question but I'm just ignorant when it comes to some things on my little BN. I love to put "options" on my tractors and have been wanting to add a Temperature Gauge on my 1941 BN. I see that Steiner now sells them with the sending unit. Here is where I get lost. Where does the sending unit screw in? Did the Dual Fuel BN's come from the factory with a special Inlet Elbow? Or is there a plug in the block somewhere I can't seem to find?

Thanks in advance,
Last edited by jonny2guns4u on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonny2guns4u

"I won't be wronged... I won't be insulted... I won't be layed a hand on... I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." -J.B.Books (AKA)John Wayne

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Water Temp. Guage

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:31 pm

An A/B with the temperature gauge (which included but was not limited to distillate tractors) had an inlet elbow that was drilled/tapped for the sensing bulb. It is a pipe thread. If you can't find the correct elbow, you can drill and tap your existing one.

jonny2guns4u
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43078
Tractors Owned: 1952 Allis-Chalmers WD
1948 Farmall Cub
1949 Allis-Chalmers G
1941 Farmall BN

Re: Water Temp. Gauge

Postby jonny2guns4u » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:37 am

Ugh!

I don't want to have to drill mine or buy a new or used one and a gasket just for a Temp. Gauge. I guess I might not be putting on this option.
Jonny2guns4u

"I won't be wronged... I won't be insulted... I won't be layed a hand on... I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." -J.B.Books (AKA)John Wayne

Return to “Farmall B & BN”