This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

BN timing...Governor issue?

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cs641
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

BN timing...Governor issue?

Postby Cs641 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:10 pm

Starting a new thread because my other one wandered around.

Trying to get a '47 BN running, which I've never heard run. Installed a rebuilt magneto I purchased from eBay. I go thru the timing process, get the marks lined up, push the mag back towards the engine etc. When it comes time to to pull the mag away from the engine to get the Final click I pulled the mag thru the full range of movement and nothing, no click. If i rotate the engine an 8th or so more it clicks.

The magneto is clicking in the proper spot and the governor slot is at 8&2.

What am I doing wrong?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cs641
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: BN timing...Governor issue?

Postby Cs641 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Wanted to add that the timing mark on the flywheel points straight down at the ground when lined up with the injection cover mark.

Is it possible that the flywheel timing mark is not correct or it has been out in wrong?

Return to “Farmall B & BN”