This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

C-113 Oil Pump Valve in BN, is this bad?

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
david.dickson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39574
Tractors Owned: 1953 Cub
1953 Super A
1947 BN

C-113 Oil Pump Valve in BN, is this bad?

Postby david.dickson » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:43 am

SDC12952 (Medium).JPG
I need opinions about the pressure control valve from my 'new' 1947 BN oil pump. She showed low oil pressure so as part of the general inspection and repairs in progress I thought oh, need to flatten the cover plate. sure 'nuff it showed the classic wear pattern where the gears had worn into it. Easy fix for that... surface grinder. Then, while cleaning the thing up, and it was actually really clean inside, no crud or anything, I took out the spring and valve. What I see puzzles me. The brighter ring at the top is a series of very shallow scratches all the way 'round and fairly, but not perfectly uniform. This seems to be some sort of wear pattern. Has anyone seen this? Is this part useable, I think not. What could could possibly cause this, I inspected the bore using a borescope camera, valve moves freely in it and bore itself seems undamaged. Any opinions would help me a lot, C-IH dealer wants $56.00 for a new one and I may have to do that, I'm scared to put this one back without understanding what I see.

Thanks, Dave
Dave
1953 Cub
1953 Super A
Member IHCC #31

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall B & BN”