This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

gear lining up right

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
housebg
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 70785
Tractors Owned: 1950AV Farm all High clearance
1952 Farm all Cub
1958 Farm all Cub
1959 Farm all Cub Lowboy
1951 Farm all Super A
1942Farm all B
1944Farmall B
2000Yanmar YM 2000
Gravely 5665
David Brown 880

gear lining up right

Postby housebg » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:18 am

I am going to tear apart the transmission on a Farmall B and was wondering about the gear lash on the ring gear . I know a little about from it,my time repairing dump trucks for a Uncle when in school . I am unsure if it needs to be address on a slow moving tractor or not any help & advise would be helpful. And any tricks on getting the transmission apart also.Also how do you get the rear axel out ? Billy :worthy: :worthy: :tractor:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01085
eBay ID: havoc1482
Tractors Owned: _______ 1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: @havoc1482

Re: gear lining up right

Postby havoc1482 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:22 pm

House I can't really tell you much about the gear lash, when I did my Super A I just put everything back the way it was. Make sure you keep the shims with the correct side.

I will say that the B is similar to the Super A in its construction. I My Youtube channel I have a couple videos that I took when I did my tear down. You might find what you want to know.

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXaQUQ ... Prx2hmyGFA

Video talking about the final drives/drop axles:

This video might also help:
Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

IH Collectors Club New England (Chapter 18)

Western Mass. (The 413)

Return to “Farmall B & BN”