This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

BN Mud Scrapers

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jonny2guns4u
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43078
Tractors Owned: 1952 Allis-Chalmers WD
1948 Farmall Cub
1949 Allis-Chalmers G
1941 Farmall BN

BN Mud Scrapers

Postby jonny2guns4u » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:21 am

Hello All,

Does anyone know if there were Mud Scrapers made for the B or BN? I found a pair on eBay that looks like they might mount to a B or BN but they were already sold :cry: .

Can anyone tell me, is this what I'm looking for?
Attachments
BNMS.JPG
Jonny2guns4u

"I won't be wronged... I won't be insulted... I won't be layed a hand on... I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." -J.B.Books (AKA)John Wayne

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

jonny2guns4u
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43078
Tractors Owned: 1952 Allis-Chalmers WD
1948 Farmall Cub
1949 Allis-Chalmers G
1941 Farmall BN

Re: BN Mud Scrapers

Postby jonny2guns4u » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:56 am

Nobody!
Jonny2guns4u

"I won't be wronged... I won't be insulted... I won't be layed a hand on... I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." -J.B.Books (AKA)John Wayne

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:25 pm

You don't mention which of the three available front wheel configurations you have. Since you are asking about mud scrapers I would assume the two wheel narrow. Of course you know what assume means............ Anyway I don't believe IH ever offered mud scrapers. I can't find them in any IH stuff in my limited search. I think they were made by one or several aftermarket companies that were probably universal fit or at least fit several tractors if there were different styles. I would measure the width/diameter of the lower bolster and when you find another for sale, ask the seller the width of the U bolt. I believe the actual scraper is adjustable in length to accommodate different sized tires. It should be obvious but the scraper doesn't really scrape the wheel. It should be close but not touching it. It knocks the mud off before it builds up on the back of the lower bolster between the tires and starts packing in and keeps the tires from rolling. Personally, if it's that muddy, the tractor needs to stay in the barn.

Muletrain
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27909
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub 49 Cub 55 Cub 64 Cub 78 Cub 44 A Farm Trac 390 4x4 David Bradleys, Planet Jr.s 2 mini donkeys

Postby Muletrain » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:33 pm

Hi I just got a BN today, it does not have one, I have not seen one. But it sure looks like it would fit. Looks as though we need the of opinion of our more exp. members. Thanks for sharing. You have me wondering know. Good Luck Will be watching Muletrain

Return to “Farmall B & BN”