This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

B engine change

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cajordan1
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 45202

B engine change

Postby cajordan1 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:40 pm

My B has welded block that runs fine but seeps fluid. Tractor in pretty good shape other than needs blast and paint. My thought is it would be difficult to try to repair the block again..who knows when it was done originally. If I need a new block anyway would it make sense to swap to super A/C or something else for hydraulics.. and obviously what potential complications I'd run into.

Plan to blast and paint, but want to figure out motor 1st. Thanks!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

JoeB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: B engine change

Postby JoeB » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:01 pm

Block from an a,b,c, super a, super c, will work , you can put a hydraulic delete plate on a later engine. The steering knuckle on the B will interfere with a hydraulic pump unless you make modifications to the steering linkage.

Trail_Rider
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 52585

Postby Trail_Rider » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:14 am

Just for clarification - If I wanted to I could swap out my B engine (which needs to be overhauled) for a Super C, and have no problems?
Trail Rider

JoeB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby JoeB » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:54 pm

It can be done. Swapping from a C is fairly straight forward. If swapping from a Super C the upper water neck from the B engine would need to be swapped over to the donor engine, or plumbing it into the radiator will cause problems. I would suggest leaving the water pump on the engine, as you would need to swap head gaskets on the donor engine if you removed the water pump. Manifold height at the carburetor will be different for your air breather, either use the air breather from the super c, or take the manifold off of the B engine.

Return to “Farmall B & BN”