This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Odd B

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Odd B

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:17 am

ibrake4rust wrote:I'll add my 2 cents from what I heard from an old timer who used these tractors when he worked on his Dad's place. The lift-all didn't work very good at all and they stopped production on these tractors until they designed a hydraulic system to replace it. The lift-all was basically an assist to the manual lift mechanism.
Gerry

Not to be brusque but that old timer was wrong on all three counts.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:35 am

I have never personally used an exhaust lift, but people that have used them told me they worked good, but did require routine preventive maintenace to be performed on a regular basis, you could not just ignore them and assume they would work.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

dirtyred
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31648
Tractors Owned: 1949 farmall cub (tinkerbell) 1949 allis chalmers(ole bess) 1949-50 ?john deere model a

Postby dirtyred » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:21 pm

well after reading and passing along ya'lls info dad saidit was slow but got er done it would be neat to have or even see one in person
He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: Proverbs 12:11

Return to “Farmall B & BN”