This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Starter on Model B Farmall

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
GeneL74
10+ Years
10+ Years

Starter on Model B Farmall

Postby GeneL74 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:46 pm

Hello,

I have a Model B Farmall, and am finally getting around to doing some work on her.

There was an electronic ignition switch on the starter, and I took it off. I was going to go with a regular push button type starter switch.

I picked up a push type switch at Napa, and when I got home I realized the starter is not the same as the one on my Model A. It has a bolt sticking up right in the front of the starter.

The starter is a Delco Remy, and the best I can tell the numbers are: 1107021.

I don't know a great deal about these old tractors, and I need to know if there is anyway to make the push type starter button work, or is this type starter only gonna work with the electronic switch?

Gonna try to post a couple picture of the starter on the B and the switch I took off.

Thanks in advance!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

GeneL74
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby GeneL74 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:53 pm

I can't get the pictures to work right on here, but you can view them in my yahoo album.

The link is: http://photos.yahoo.com/genel74

Pictures of starter and switch are in the Model B Farmall album.

Thanks!

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:38 pm

Here is a pic of the setup on my 1945 B Farmall. The same number is on this starter:

"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

GeneL74
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby GeneL74 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:45 pm

CB,

Thank you for the picture!

What I can't figure out is why the stud is sticking up in the front of my starter. Did you see the pic? I assume the stud is not supposed to be there on models with the saddle mount switch like yours?

I don't know whats up, and am scared I may hurt the starter if I try to remove the stud.... Can't seem to find much info online about the starter with the stud sticking up.

Thanks again!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:19 pm

Originally the starter would have a a copper contact sticking up that the switch you see on buds went over, with another contact inside it to amek the connection. Your starter has appartenlty been converted for use with a relay by replacing the copper contact stud with a bolt. A sarter shop can conver ti back, or you cna jsut go ahead and use the relay.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

GeneL74
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby GeneL74 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:27 pm

John,

Thank you for your reply!

I may just set it up with a key ignition and just use the relay.

Thanks again!

Return to “Farmall B & BN”