This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What seals to replace on 300

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ShawnAgne
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 45380
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub w/ 184 motor (Kid)
12V with Petronix
IH 3160 Mower Deck
54 Leveling Blade
193 Plow
IH528 Trailer
Front/Rear Weights
1955 Farmall 300 (Clarence)
12V with Petronix
Woods L306 72"
1955 Farmall 100 (Thomas)
12V with Petronix
Woods L59 60"
A60 Leveling Blade
Front/Rear Weights
Circle of Safety: Y

What seals to replace on 300

Postby ShawnAgne » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:09 am

When I got the 300 it went into service right away as a mower cause the Cub was down. Since the Cub is up and running again I'll have some time to go in and do some stuff. What seals should I replace? Do notice oil dripping off the motor more so on the left side. Could this be to the fact that I added 15x40 Diesel oil thus I loosened up some crud? Also I have puddles towards the back of the engine compartment, not exactly sure what it is, however this just showed up during the winter so may be due to that. Still works fine just getting preventative stuff lined up.

Suggestions?
Shawn Agne

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: What seals to replace on 300

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:37 pm

Have not had any dealings with a 350, but quite a few with N H. If the oil leak on the left side is toward the front, look the governor housing over good, as well as the front engine cover. As to the ones toward the rear of the engine compartment, could be rear main seal, or of further back toward transmission could be input seal. There is a pocket above that seal that catches oil and drains it down to the bearing, if that is the problem it will leak for a while after shutdown.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”