This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gasoline and oil additives for Farmall h

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
pokitisme
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 64132
Skype Name: Pokitisme
Tractors Owned: 1948 international Harvester Farmall h

Gasoline and oil additives for Farmall h

Postby pokitisme » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:37 am

I was curious if using gasoline and oil additives are good or bad in a 48 Farmall h like the stuff you would find in a Walmart. I know there's no fuel injector in it but would additives such as that cause damage. Also I believe there are some deicing additives for gasoline as well. There are also other additives for cars that you pour into the oil which supposedly cleans the Pistons rings and lifters and other such things again a curiosity question as I am not mechanically inclined. Also I know that you can get a lead additive to leaden up the gasoline but I have just been using Straight gasoline from like a Phillips 66 or a QuikTrip. Is the lead additive essential or what. Also if somebody has a wiring diagram for the amp meter box my amp meter is not working and I want to fiddle with it LOL And since we're on the subject would adding a light bar be too much for the system.
Favorite quotes by me. If you want to you can but if you don't you wont... most possibly yes but maybe no.... and as always buy guns keep America free

ShawnAgne
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 45380
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub w/ 184 motor (Kid)
12V with Petronix
IH 3160 Mower Deck
54 Leveling Blade
193 Plow
IH528 Trailer
Front/Rear Weights
1955 Farmall 300 (Clarence)
12V with Petronix
Woods L306 72"
1955 Farmall 100 (Thomas)
12V with Petronix
Woods L59 60"
A60 Leveling Blade
Front/Rear Weights
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Gasoline and oil additives for Farmall h

Postby ShawnAgne » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:33 am

If you go into the Cub forum you'll see this topic talked about a lot. Some people do some don't. I've used Seafoam with a siphon through the manifold to clean stuff (I guess it does as a lot of black crap came out). However I'm sure others don't. As far as gasoline they will run on anything. I was using 87 octane, then realized Casey's general store in a town nearby had 91octane no ethanol gas. I switched to it just to have real gas. I "think" they are both running better but may be in my head. From other posts the lead additive isn't needed. Generally what people have said as far as how I understand these engines run at much lower compression and RPM's than cars so a lot of this stuff just isn't needed.
Shawn Agne

pokitisme
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 64132
Skype Name: Pokitisme
Tractors Owned: 1948 international Harvester Farmall h

Re: Gasoline and oil additives for Farmall h

Postby pokitisme » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:18 am

thank you much for your valuable info and input. I will go check out the forum you suggested. Again like I said I am a noob in the category of tractors LOL. But I'm trying to learn what little bits I can here and there again thank you so much
Favorite quotes by me. If you want to you can but if you don't you wont... most possibly yes but maybe no.... and as always buy guns keep America free

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”