This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super H carb

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Festus
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 42355
Tractors Owned: 1953 Cub
1953 Super C
1953 Super H
1953 Super M
1956 100
1964 140
1972 JD 4020

Super H carb

Postby Festus » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:38 pm

I have had the carb on my super h apart several times and cannot get it to idle right. When I look at the diagram on Case/IH website, I see a tube they call the idle metering jet. Should this tube be open when I spray cleaner through it or blow through it? If so it seems to be plugged.
"When you read the readin', how do you know the feller who wrote the readin, wrote the readin' right?" - Festus from Gunsmoke

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Super H carb

Postby Eugene » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:11 am

Depending on the design, there could be one, two, or three small openings in the end of the jet.

You may need to use a magnifying glass or younger eyes to see if the openings are plugged. You can try compressed air to dislodge the blockage or aerosol carb cleaner to blow from the outside toward the inside. Other options are to use a wire or small tipped pin to dislodge the blockage.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”