This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Buy New or Rebuild Water Pump

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
kluf357
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19425
Tractors Owned: 1964 International Cub (Samantha)
1953 Farmall Super H (Si)
1989 Gravely 1238H
1959 Gravely LI
IH Little Wonder 2 Bottom Plow
L-54 Snow Plow
Woods C-2 Mowing Deck

Buy New or Rebuild Water Pump

Postby kluf357 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:37 pm

I recently have been working on a 1953 Super H and have torn the tractor almost all the way down. I purchased this tractor not running in hopes to restore it. I was wondering if i should go about rebuilding my old water pump or buying a new one. I think the Case IH dealer carries a rebuild kit. The pump looks to be fairly simply constructed so i'm sure a rebuild would be within something i could do in my own garage. Has anyone gone about rebuilding it and if so how hard is it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

knucklebuster
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71968

Re: Buy New or Rebuild Water Pump

Postby knucklebuster » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:36 pm

I know this is an older post and you have probably solved your problem by now, but the water pump you have is very rebuildable. I buy the bearings and seals at a local auto parts store and the packing at McMaster-Carr. You'll save a Good bit of money that way. Be careful when pressing the back half of the pulley off, they will crack. Just be careful and you will be fine. It's not a hard job.
BILL

Duner
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Duner » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:35 pm

I would rebuilt it if it was mine. They last for many years if you keep lubricated .
I don't think the pump on my 350 has been touched in 40 + years other than grease.

kluf357
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19425
Tractors Owned: 1964 International Cub (Samantha)
1953 Farmall Super H (Si)
1989 Gravely 1238H
1959 Gravely LI
IH Little Wonder 2 Bottom Plow
L-54 Snow Plow
Woods C-2 Mowing Deck

Postby kluf357 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:39 pm

Thanks for the help I decided I wanted to rebuild it, but the engine turned out to be toast in my Super H. At this point I don't have the money to fix it. Probably going to let it sit in the woods for a few years till I can put forth the money to make a full restoration on it. I wish I had know that before i bought a new radiator, rebuilt the starter, rebuilt the generator, got new wiring harness and bought a long list of other parts. It would not be a project without these things now would it. I did not check out the rear end on it yet my next plan is to drain the transmission oil and prep it to sit under a tarp for a few years. MY next super H will be running when I buy it.

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”