Found a H

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:11 pm

I was at the scrap yard this morning and found an H. It was still on the trailer, so it was new. Anyway I asked him about it, he said he was told to clean up the old farmstead and it was there. So I asked, can I buy it then. He said he would weigh it and let me know. But 4000 lbs I believe it weighs at $.15 per pound. It may be a good parts machine or restoration candidate. Motor is stuck but hope not to bad. Everything else looks to be good on it.

I visit the yard about once a week, you never know what will show up weekly?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jason (IL) on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Found a H

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:14 am

Congrats!!

Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Got my H home and was able to look it over good. Well the engine is stuck from sitting for a few years. I have sprayed the cylinders with PB blaster and will let sit for a few days now then try to rock it loose. This H belong to Elmo Miners, he was the founder of M & W Gear company here in Gibson City. One of his old farm hands confirmed it. I hope to get it going again this summer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 05, 2014 1:23 pm

If you can find some documentation to confirm that, that would be a HUGE find.

It has the M&W governor. I bet it has M&W pistons in it.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:45 pm

Got back to work on the old H today. I was able to get all 4 piston's out today rather easy. Found all the rings were broken. In many pieces too, so I was wondering how or what causes that? Overheating?
Here is what I found.