This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

6 volt to 12 volt

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
pokitisme
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 64132
Skype Name: Pokitisme
Tractors Owned: 1948 international Harvester Farmall h

6 volt to 12 volt

Postby pokitisme » Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:09 pm

I have what I believe is a 6-volt formal h :surrender: . I put a 12 volt coil on it. Broadcast what I believe is the Magneto. I've tried a couple of days and 6 volt batteries. They do not suck. I am curious what would happen if I put a 12 volt battery on it.

Sorry it was windy out and I was using speech to text. I have supposedly a 6 volt Farmall H it came with a 6 volt battery but the battery would not turn it over. We had to pull start it. Since then I have bypassed the Magneto and added a 12 volt coil. My curiosity is if I hook up a 12-volt battery to it what damage could be cause considering I have bypassed the Magneto with a 12 volt coil. I bought a 6 volt battery which acts the exact same way as the original battery which barely cranks it over just barely a turn. Considering that a 12-volt battery and an alternator is the only thing that would really be changed in a 12-volt system. What would happen if I hooked it up now. And I do not know how to post pictures on here
Last edited by pokitisme on Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite quotes by me. If you want to you can but if you don't you wont... most possibly yes but maybe no.... and as always buy guns keep America free

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 6 volt to 12 volt

Postby Eugene » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:53 pm

Post photos of your ignition system.
I have an excuse. CRS.

pokitisme
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 64132
Skype Name: Pokitisme
Tractors Owned: 1948 international Harvester Farmall h

Re: 6 volt to 12 volt

Postby pokitisme » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:51 am

Actually just updating everybody. It did have a Magneto on it but I hooked up a 12 volt coil. Found out it was a mild wiring issue hooked up a 12-volt battery and everything works just fine
Favorite quotes by me. If you want to you can but if you don't you wont... most possibly yes but maybe no.... and as always buy guns keep America free

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”