This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall H won't stay running

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jason .S
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19963

Farmall H won't stay running

Postby Jason .S » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:32 pm

So I recently got a 1950 farmall H in decent but not running condition. Ive rebuild the carb twice, changed the oil, timed the motor, boiled the carb, sand blasted the carb, cleaned the gas tank replaced the points, sediment bowl seal, rotor, condensor and rewired the whole 6v electrical system. I had the tractor running and driving 2 days ago, even had it in 5th gear, but yesterday it started cutting out again. I would start it, drive a few feet at about half throttle but it would only run on full choke which I thought might be from not having the air filter assembly on the tractor to slow down the air going into the carb at the time but even after reinstalling it would only run on about 7/8 choke and it would backfire from the carb. I'm stumped as to why it would run decent for 2 days but then just stop running consistently it's really confusing me and I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this? I know i should just swallow my pride and but a new carb but I don't have the budget right now for a 300$ carb. I plan on restoring the beautiful beast but i figured it should run great before it looks great.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall H won't stay running

Postby Urbish » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:55 am

Verify that you don't have a bunch of rust in the tank that is blocking fuel flow. Start at the carb and work backward. Remove the fuel bowl drain plug and turn on the fuel. Is it running out in a steady stream? Remove the line from the carb. Does it run out in a steady stream? Remove the fuel bowl and clean the screen. Does fuel run out steadily from the bowl with the bowl removed?
Jim

Circle of Safety

Jason .S
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19963

Re: Farmall H won't stay running

Postby Jason .S » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:49 am

I'll definently check tonight and let you know but thanks for giving me a place to start.

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”