This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rusty gas tank on industrial 3414

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Pops140
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 20659

Rusty gas tank on industrial 3414

Postby Pops140 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:09 pm

OK so I have read a few threads on the topic but my problem is I have purchased a gallon of rust remover. The kind your supposed to soak your rusty parts in for up to 24 hrs my tank seems to have large rust like flakes all over the inner surface looks to be a combo of rust mud scale. I think the remover will do the trick I'm pretty sure but how do I soak the rust in the 5 gal gas tank with one gallon of remover. I would think if I could tumble in some how for 10 hrs that might work. I don't know I'm sure this problem has been addressed o. Here several times, if you guys are able to help that would be awesome or have any lines on someone who can make a tin type gas tank. I'm a A/C guy would a thick gauge tin work? it seems to be what the OEM tank is but I'm not positive. If someone knows the type of material the fuel tank is made of on. This machine let me know please. I'm in southern MD if that matters. Or makes anything easier

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”