This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH Farmall dealerships

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ben B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24354
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub post demo 108xxx
Circle of Safety: Y

IH Farmall dealerships

Postby Ben B » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:00 am

I'm curious to find out where my Cub may have been purchased from when it was new. I was told the previous owner was from Rural Retreat, Virginia which is about 20 miles away from me. Of course, there's no way to know where it came from before that.

I have no idea where the IH dealerships were in 1950. Does anyone know where all the dealerships were in south west Virginia back then? There are still quite a few Farmall tractors around this part of the country, especially H's. And, when I was a kid those H's were probably on every other farm around here. Cub's and A's were used to cultivate tobacco until that dried up about 20 years ago. And the school system used use A's with belly mowers to mow the steep hills around the schools. It always fascinated me as a kid to see those things on the steep ridges mowing with the heavy side up the hill. And, they used a lo-boy to finish mow with too.

All these things have influenced my affection for the IH brand. We had more red than green in these parts. Actually, there was lot of blue around here too, but know where that dealership was. It only closed a couple of years ago...
1950 Farmall Cub post demo 108xxx
1964 Farmall Cub 6 volt 223xxx
1968 Fairmont Railroad Motor Car 2 cycle hit and miss single cylinder

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Re: IH Farmall dealerships

Postby Super A » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:04 am

This is probably as good a resource as you'll find, other than talking to the previous owner:

http://www.ihdealerspast.net/

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Ben B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24354
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub post demo 108xxx

Re: IH Farmall dealerships

Postby Ben B » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:20 pm

Thanks for the information! I discovered that Vance Hardware Co. that had several stores in the area was a dealer. I'd say that they were most likely the dealer that sold most all of them in my area.

Thanks again!
1950 Farmall Cub post demo 108xxx
1964 Farmall Cub 6 volt 223xxx
1968 Fairmont Railroad Motor Car 2 cycle hit and miss single cylinder

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”