Will IH 300 lights fit a Cub?

Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:42 pm

There is a local ad for lights for an IH 300 that are pancake style. They look the same as a Farmall Cub one I have seen but I can't tell if they really are. they are just the bases, no lenses, bulbs etc.

Are those the same as Cub lights?

Here's a picture:

Re: Will IH 300 lights fit a Cub?

Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:04 pm

Well I went and looked at them and they seemed identical so I bought them. He even had a rear light so I bought it too. Really nice guy too! Seems like IH/Farmall folks are great everywhere ya go.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:25 pm

they are the same, but that being said I would not have a set of the pan cake lights , too costly for the bulbs, of course if you are just showing it and not using it, makes no difference

Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm

I have two thoughts on it ...

1) I was thinking about making a modern LED setup out of them, or

2) I was thinking about trading them for the "correct" lights for my year (1948). Maybe nobody will be interested in trading for them though.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:21 pm

The pancake housings without the working original bulbs have limited value. I bought 7 of them for $80 a couple years ago, and overpaid.

I did find out a dirty little secret about those expensive pancake bulbs, though...

I tore a bulb apart. The unit is made from three components:

1. Glass lens
2. Steel reflector
3. Inner bulb

If you are careful and clever, you can dissect a bad "sealed beam" bulb and replace the inner bulb with a standard bayonet bulb.