This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

paint for a case 300

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
panda
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49910
Circle of Safety: Y

paint for a case 300

Postby panda » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Went to the local auto paint store for some paint for a friends 300 case and was told they did not have a reference to use for the color. Can anyone supply me with the color numbers(requested by the store) or steer me in the right direction? The people at the store have been very helpful with matching paint before but came up with a blank this time. The sheet metal on the tractor needs to be repaired and I would like to match the color when I get done. My only IH dealer is over 100 miles away and that is a long way just to pickup a quart or a rattle can or two. Thanks,Panda. :help:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

panda
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49910
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: paint for a case 300

Postby panda » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:19 pm

Update on the paint. I called the IH/Case dealer and found out the paint is called desert sand. He also gave me a "code" to use for mixing. The local auto paint store I use could not find the color or the code in their books so I called Napa and got the same story. The IH dealer said he could not send me the paint as UPS had stopped letting them ship paint from that location. Having the color name let me order what I needed from Ag Parts who can ship paint. Now if the weather holds maybe I can get one more job done. :{_}: Life is good.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Re: paint for a case 300

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:00 am

To my knowledge, the only catch with shipping paint is that it must go ground so it takes longer. Carter and Gruenwald is a dealer and will ship it to ya. Great folks to deal with besides.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”