This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tractor Collecting (future)

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Tractor Collecting (future)

Postby BigBill » Sun May 25, 2008 8:21 am

I was just browsing ebay(sleezbay) looking at "farmall" tractors just to look at them. I found a fully restored IH utility 330 for $50K. The tractor appears to be a showroom restoration done by a IH dealer. They did a bang up job by the pics. Could this be the tip of the iceberg of tractor collecting in a few years?

We had a local farmall loboy cub with a sickle bar setup selling for $3,200 the other day by the side of the road. Its gone now already. The tractor wasn't restored but it looked clean.

I did find a midwest website that had these tractors for $4k to $5k already. I think were sitting on the future gold mines.... :{_}:

Now if i had the land so i could fill it up with ih tractors..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Pony Master
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62253
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Tractor Collecting (future)

Postby Pony Master » Sun May 25, 2008 12:07 pm

I think you are partially right, the rare tractors are going to keep going up in value along with the odd versions of the common tractors. The common everyday tractors have been taking a hit around here. They are just not worth what they were 4 or 5 years ago. I do not think we are sitting on gold mines, but we have made a solid investment that will not let us down over time.
1947 Circle Cub, 193, 189
1954 Cub w/FH, IH100, 194, F11
1956 Cub Loboy w/FH and 194
1960 Cub Loboy w/FH and L-54
1953 Super A, 2 seater B, Avery V, Avery A, JD M, MH Pony, Leader D, Allis Chalmers C, and my Great Grandpa's ZA Minneapolis Moline.

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Mon May 26, 2008 6:07 am

I'M RICH I'm RICH!!!!!!!!! :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: I just like having my 3 tractors.Nothg fancy,but they work.Kevin :twisted:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859

Postby Trent M » Thu May 29, 2008 1:14 am

Supply and demand will always dictate the prices. The "collector" types will always be there to pay for the really rare stuff, and I think the 330 util is very rare. Low supply = higher prices.

In the case of the Cubs, even though there are many many of them, they are in high demand. The Cub appeals in so many different ways to different people. You can mow your yard, push snow, haul stuff around, work your garden (a trip to the grocery store makes me wonder how anyone can afford NOT to have a big garden). Parts and implement can easily be found. Also, they are also fairly easy to transport around, for the people who enjoy the shows, parades and such. High demand = higher prices.

The prices of the bigger tractors, like Hs and Ms, are suffering because there are so many of them and are not so useful these days. Big and bulky, can't use alot of modern implements, and are a real pain to haul anywhere. Also, I think alot of Baby Boom generation feel nostalgic about the tractors they remember from when they were young. There might not be many of the next generation that are too interested in them? High supply with low demand = lower prices.
Trent McPeak

Joe Malinowski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01035
eBay ID: jayrod01035
Tractors Owned: 1975 F cub, 1965 F cub, 1949 parts cub,1953 F cub 1942 JD LA, 1988 JD 330 diesel

Postby Joe Malinowski » Thu May 29, 2008 4:54 am

I agree with Trent, Cubs are easy to have around, I know people with a half acre lot that have them and people with big acreage also. As far as the future who knows they are worth what you can get for them. There are still bargains out there its all a matter of finding them. I hope to keep collecting more tractors, the hunt is a big part of the fun for me.
Joe
22 mower 5', grader blade, 189 two way moldboard plow, cultivators ,danco C2 mower,1961 Comet, 1984 BMW 318i

Part of life is falling down, living is getting back up.

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”