This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Moving Day

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Moving Day

Postby Rudi » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:09 am

I don't post in this forum much, cause I really don't have much aside from my Cubs.. but, seems the Cub House has inherited for the time being some added visitors.

Gord had to move his collection of tractors and implements from the Barn he used to own.. and Jan 14th became the day to Move em on Out! :big smile:

It was a day my brother-in-law had available, and Gord prefers to work with Ray on this stuff.. so away we went. A lot of the pics are on the CubFest Photo Host under Moving Day, but here are a few to whet your whistle.. :lol: :!:

This is my preferred way of loading Tractors on a Trailer. Everything else requires more work. Not that I dislike hard work, but I will take the easy way when I can get it :big smile:

3500+ lbs of Super H :!:

Almost done for the first trip. Just adding small stuff and odds and sods to the rest of the load.

Oh, btw.. the truck and trailer take up 75 feet and Ray backed it in to the Barn.. oh about 250 feet from the road through an 8 foot farm fence gate off of a road 22 feet wide roughly from ditch to ditch. He had to take two shots at it.. the second one he had to pull ahead about 18 inches to get the trailer to bypass the fence post. Awesome driving. You should have seen him coming out. There is next to no room on either side of the gate, the ditch is right there...

Gord and I enjoyed ourselves, it was a nice day even with the snow coming down pretty hard. It took almost 2 hours to load and a little over an hour to unload. Unloading though was in the dark and in a heavy snow storm. You can see the amount of snow we got.. in this pic.. the pad had been cleared of snow by a backhoe with a front bucket.. hours before we came home with the tractors.

Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

red56turbo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 52742
Tractors Owned: Check out my signature!

Postby red56turbo » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:50 pm

Rudi,

Neat pics!!!!!! First time I've seen tractors loaded that way. I have a phobia of driving the big tractors on trailers. Guess I'm nervous of tipping off the trailer! Always have my brother do it. Wish we could get alot of snow like that. Here in Iowa, we may get 4-5, then it melts in 3 days. Would be neat to get snowed in once.

Red56
Tractors in the stable: '62 560D Cub Cadets in the stable: 782D, 1572 SGT, 1772 SGT, 1782 SGT

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:40 pm

There is a local green guy who loads like that. I sold him a JD A several years ago and he came with his truck, took a single strap around the tractor, centered it where he wanted it and lifted the tractor onto the truck with it just balanced in the sling. There was absolutely nothing keeping the tractor in the sling other than perfect balance. I made a mental note never to let this guy haul anything of mine.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

cubguy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49265

Postby cubguy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:53 pm

Bigdog wrote:There is a local green guy who loads like that. I sold him a JD A several years ago and he came with his truck, took a single strap around the tractor, centered it where he wanted it and lifted the tractor onto the truck with it just balanced in the sling. There was absolutely nothing keeping the tractor in the sling other than perfect balance. I made a mental note never to let this guy haul anything of mine.

:shock: WOW, that would be a site.

Thats a nice group of tractors.
Kyle
1940 Farmall H, 1947 farmall cub, 1958 David Bradley SP, 1964 cub cadet 70, 1965 Bolens 1000, 1966 cub cadet 123, 1973 Mf 12 http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/truckguy_02/

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:36 pm

Man those are some nice tractors!!!A super A and H WOW!!!Wish I had!!!Nice snow,send me some also.In the mid 40s or 6 your scale.Thats warm for this time of year.Hope ya doing fine. Kevin :D :D
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:44 pm

Actually, there is a huge difference between how that local guy loads with a sling and how Ray loads with slings :!:

As a contractor, he is by law required to observe ALL Rules, Regulations and Safe Operating Practices for Lifting any load. I can guarantee it just isn't wrapped with one sling.

Yes it it balanced within safe operating limits as well as operating distances. It must be otherwise you could topple the Crane even with a small load it the reach and balance is beyond safe limits. And that would be a $500.000.00 boo-boo with his 30 ton and a $250.000.00 boo-boo with this one a 22 ton crane. If you look closely at the pic of the trailing plow you will see that the two slings actually are wrapped and slipped through themselves to form a proper choker grip and it is much stronger than chains. He does know what he is doing otherwise he would not have a Crane Operator/Owner's License... or be allowed to Operate a Crane Business.

Also I know how it was slung as I was the one actually doing the slinging. Ray and I have worked with his cranes and slinging loads for almost 10 years.. :D

If all of this was done for a 500lb or so plow.. how careful do you think we were with a 3500 lb tractor :?: Check it out : There are 4 slings 2 wrapped through the rear tires and 2 wrapped around the front axle tubes. With these slings, that tractor ain't going nowhere but where we want it to go.

Safety is Job #1

I too would rather load a tractor this way than drive it up a ramp onto a trailer. I don't much like it. If I gotta drive em on, I prefer a level deck to work from...... :roll: :wink: :D

We are all fine.. we got a foot of snow today.. and now we are into a Freezing Rain Warning... :big smile:

Pics a bit later.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:00 pm

Rudi where is your tag line :?: Actually a crane is something I refuse to operate. I can read a load chart but I feel operating a crane is a art. The reason I mention tag lines is I do all my lifting with a excavator and I have seen what happens when a main boom line blows :shock:

Defiantly a UP Lifting experience there

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:20 pm

Rudi, those are great pictures :!: :!:

Now I've heard the old expression, "When pigs fly," but this is ridiculous :lol: :lol:
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:48 pm

Billy:

Ray uses tag lines for trusses and other large unweildy loads.. this was a fun day.. so we took our time and simply had some fun.. Also he uses load limiter blocks.. and that keeps things in check.

You know what it is like to run equipment.. when you gots the touch, you feel it. He has it.. in spades. Very smooth.

Vince:

:big smile:

Pony Master
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62253

Postby Pony Master » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:24 am

Do you realize the trouble I could get myself into with that thing :twisted: :twisted: NOTHING would be safe if I had one of those. I know some friends who would be trying to figure out how to get a Saturn off of the roof of their garage right now.

Just thinking :twisted: Does he rent that thing out :wink:
1947 Circle Cub, 193, 189
1954 Cub w/FH, IH100, 194, F11
1956 Cub Loboy w/FH and 194
1960 Cub Loboy w/FH and L-54
1953 Super A, 2 seater B, Avery V, Avery A, JD M, MH Pony, Leader D, Allis Chalmers C, and my Great Grandpa's ZA Minneapolis Moline.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:49 am

Pony Master reminds me of things we did in the early 50's. While working nights, all of us went out, That is all but one of us. Guess whose Austin was lifted on to the loading dock of the Peanut warehouse across the street. Another night the same car got lifted on to the loading dock of the tel Co building, on to the big freight elevator and up to the hall of the floor the owner worked on. Yep lifting can cause problems if not controlled.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Pony Master
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62253

Postby Pony Master » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:55 pm

Yeah, I sort of owe this guy. After my front door was duct taped shut and then my entire house was strech wrapped, he has it coming. He has been my best friend since high school, but I he has it coming. Now that he and his wife have returned to the area LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

A few of my pranks have landed on the back page of the local paper. :shock: But when I tell them it was me, they don't care any more.
1947 Circle Cub, 193, 189
1954 Cub w/FH, IH100, 194, F11
1956 Cub Loboy w/FH and 194
1960 Cub Loboy w/FH and L-54
1953 Super A, 2 seater B, Avery V, Avery A, JD M, MH Pony, Leader D, Allis Chalmers C, and my Great Grandpa's ZA Minneapolis Moline.

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:26 pm

Rudi,
Rigging is a art as well crane operation. I have worked with some of the best over the 28+ years of antenna construction. The best was a guy in Hawaii, He operated a 150 ton friction crane like it was hydralic, truly amazing.
Rigging is about as important as the crane operator, the rigger can make you work hard all day or he can make your life easy so be nice to both :D
Those nylon slings are the only way to go and the endless nylon are even better they conform to the load. I still have a few of both in the shop now.
Looks like you guys had a very smooth operation going on there :!:

Ron
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:18 pm

Ron:

Thanks for the kind words, they are appreciated. Ray is pretty good, a real natural. You cannot even see the loads swing.. they just roll through the sky to where they have to be, effortless and as if they were under their own power... smooth as silk.

I like doing the riggin part.. it s a lot of fun. Funny, you should use the antenna analogy though.. I always felt that what I was doing for Ray was very similar to all the stuff I did up in the Arctic rigging lifts for ham antennas.. not a pro.. just a amateur.. :lol: .. but it was fun learning how to properly rig a tower section that needed to go up 150 or 200 feet with a gin pole..

Whenever I do work with Ray on the trucks, it is always a good and enjoyable day.. sure shows how teamwork pays off :!: :idea: :wink: :D

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”