This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

international i-4 starter problem

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
vaicase
10+ Years
10+ Years

international i-4 starter problem

Postby vaicase » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:10 pm

i have a 1947 i-4.with a starter problem.i bought the tractor in june,the starter didnt work right.so i ordered one on-bay .well it was junk so they sent me another one well it lasted two months and it broke.the problem is i have an i-4,and the starter is for an h.and an h has the starter on the top of the rear housing.mine is on the left side.i put the old one on and it works but i have to keep hitting the key then it starts.also the housing is different.because i also have a 1948 h.for parts.the housing is differnt.by a long shot.it bolts on but dont work right.anyone know about this?thank you very much.
1950 farmall cub with 5ft mower,1947 international=i-4 custom,1948 farmall=h custom,1994 dodge cummins 5speed 5inch stacks,blowing coal and loving it fowler ks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:52 am

Rather than purchasing something from e-bay have the starter rebuilt. One of the individuals frequenting this board rebuilds starters and generators. Suggest having the starter rebuilt either locally or by DeputyJailer90 aka Podge.
I have an excuse. CRS.

vaicase
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby vaicase » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:39 pm

thanks
1950 farmall cub with 5ft mower,1947 international=i-4 custom,1948 farmall=h custom,1994 dodge cummins 5speed 5inch stacks,blowing coal and loving it fowler ks

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”