This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Painting tomorrow

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
fire escape
10+ Years
10+ Years

Painting tomorrow

Postby fire escape » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:35 pm

Bought a spray gun, A little practice, and painting the body tomorrow. I'll put pics up of before and after, good or bad!

I find myself spotting Farmall everywhere while driving. Is this a sickness????????

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

spiveyman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29644

Postby spiveyman » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:50 pm

Sweet! Finished my painting a couple of weeks ago. It's an amazing feeling to look at it when your done! Have fun, thats what its all about. 8) Oh, and try not to kill yourself like me - they say a respirator is the only way to go to not get sick :oops:
Andrew Spivey

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

'49 Cub.....(Mr. Cub)

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:01 pm

Still to cold up here to paint!!!Nice today gone tomarrow!!!Going to try discing the garding tomarrow before it gets cold and wet again.Good luck painting,take your time.I stink at painting.Ketcham
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Painting tomorrow

Postby Rudi » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:54 pm

fire escape wrote:Bought a spray gun, A little practice, and painting the body tomorrow. I'll put pics up of before and after, good or bad!

I find myself spotting Farmall everywhere while driving. Is this a sickness????????

YES !!!

Is it Serious YES !!!
Is it fun ?? You Betcha!! Image
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul_NJ » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:37 am

spiveyman wrote:Sweet! Finished my painting a couple of weeks ago. It's an amazing feeling to look at it when your done! Have fun, thats what its all about. 8) Oh, and try not to kill yourself like me - they say a respirator is the only way to go to not get sick :oops:

If you are using paint without hardener, a activated charcoal cartridge type respirator is sufficient to protect your lungs from organic vapors. If you are using hardener, for example a 2K urethane paint, a simple cartridge mask will do nothing to protect you from the hardener. Hardener's active ingredients are isocyanates, which irreversibly will damage your lungs, and you lose breathing capacity. Sufficient to say isocyanates are the active ingredients in pesticides (remember the Bhopal India plant disaster? I used to work for Union Carbide). Activated charcoal does not remove them . . . the only option is a fresh air supply mask/system. Be careful!
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”