This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Case S project

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ExCheff
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63348
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub
1944 2N
1982 Kubota L275
1987 Ford 1910

Case S project

Postby ExCheff » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:20 pm

I recently aquired a Case S. I couldn't help it, as the price was right (free). It is a project, to be sure! The rear wheels won't turn, even though the shifter is in neutral, and moves freely at that. Someone told me that the brakes on these models were famous for freezing up when neglected for long periods of time. I don't want to take the covers off and have parts fly all over. Any suggestions?

Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:56 pm

Pull the covers off. No parts are going to fly. Then you'll be able to beard the lion in his den. :D
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

ExCheff
5+ Years
5+ Years
1944 2N
1982 Kubota L275
1987 Ford 1910

Postby ExCheff » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:39 am

George,

Thanks for the information. I don't know why I drug this beast home, other than it is older than me and it was free! It will be a project. It sat behind a barn for quite a few years, I am told. The seat pan rusted through and was hanging over the post like a ring over a peg. All the parts are there, so I figure worst case sceneario I can sell it or part it out to someone who is collecting. It is kind of neat that it has the "cutoff" wheels.

At least my Cub is in running condition!

Aaron

Ida Red
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hard.....Case

Postby Ida Red » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:55 pm

You have a 'hard case' to deal with. Good luck. Red
IHC made a quality machine and was leader of the pack.Let's keep them running,

ExCheff
5+ Years
5+ Years
1944 2N
1982 Kubota L275
1987 Ford 1910

Postby ExCheff » Mon May 07, 2007 9:22 pm

George,

I successfully removed the covers off the brake discs, and my project now rolls from one place to another. I did find that the engine is stuck (shocking, I know), so the adventure continues. Am I correct that the lever on the right is the clutch? If so, which direction is engage, and which is disengage? The same lever also has what looks like a small brake on the belt pulley. I have yet to purchase an operator's manual for the machine.

Thanks!

Aaron

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Mon May 07, 2007 9:36 pm

DefianceCub wrote:George,

I successfully removed the covers off the brake discs, and my project now rolls from one place to another. I did find that the engine is stuck (shocking, I know), so the adventure continues. Am I correct that the lever on the right is the clutch? If so, which direction is engage, and which is disengage? The same lever also has what looks like a small brake on the belt pulley. I have yet to purchase an operator's manual for the machine.

Thanks!

Aaron

Yes, that's the clutch and like the (ahem!) green ones it goes forward to engage. Pulling back applies the pulley brake, if I remember right. There are Case hand clutches that work opposite, I think, but your S should be like my SC.

Gene Dotson is the Case authority. (gdotsly@watchtv.net)
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”