This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

we have a 135 or 145 power unit to rebuild

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
aj63
10+ Years
10+ Years

we have a 135 or 145 power unit to rebuild

Postby aj63 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:54 am

I was wondering if any of you fellows have and or are running one or these units. My dad was a sawer miller in northern wva after ww2 till death in 54. MY younger brother got the motor probably 20 years later run it for 5 or so years on his mill and it has set the last 25 years outside. I plan to get it and tear into her and see if it;s not clear shot. I UNDER stand there are parts heads and so on. I stop at a amishs place in tenn. he was making hard wood floor for sale. HE was running one of these motors 9 hr aday planeing and procesing. seems like he said about 14 gals gas a day. I want to get mine or our motor going and run a line shaft in a mill room to run sheller, cleaner ,grist mill and a stone gristmill and so on. still farm 400 acres in southern mich. I really like playing with this old equipment. If any of you fellows run one of theses units and would like to share some information on the 135 unit and the flat head cub unit I would sure be thankful. Archie ar63

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:25 pm

Hi Archie

Where about in S. MI. Are you? I am about 10 miles east of Dundee. I have a cub which is in the UP right now And a Farmall 100 and 130 in my garage right now that I am working on. I am laied off right now and just 0playing around the house. If I can give you a hand let me know.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:52 pm

I don't recognize your numbers but I have a power unit out of an old Harvester, Thresher, Combine. It is a regular 60 CU cub engine with a full radiator and a hand operated clutch. On a cub the front bolster is the radiator bottom. Mine has a magnito but some previous owner added a 6V starter. Mine runs a buzz saw,
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

aj63
10+ Years
10+ Years

hey Billy

Postby aj63 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:45 am

I I'm over nashville way. I have a daughter over in teloda not far from you. We get prity busy in the spring like all farmers slows up in summer some but fall picks up for a couple of months. We used to do 2500 hogs farrow to finish we had our hands full just wife kids and I THAT WAS FULL TILT MOST EVERY DAY HA HA. But we have slowed to a coast any more. good luck

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:41 am

Thanks Archie

I had though if I had been closer I would come out and spend working on and talking tractors. We hobby farm and have a wood mizer sawmill in the UP. The most we ever had was three sows and 23 head of cattle.

Take care.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”