This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Plow in France

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Plow in France

Postby Patbretagne » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:46 pm

Hi does anyone know if the enclosed is a good McC plow? It is for sale on Ebay, bit dear but to my mind a bit rare, if it is not warped I could be interested to go behind the Lanz, too much for a Cub I think. Any ideas will be welcome It finishes tomorrow, in 18 hours infact.
Pat
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... otohosting

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:55 pm

looks nice Patrick - go for it!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:15 pm

Good looking rig, but it's not a model I am familar with. all the ones around here were the Little Genius models, whch were 3 wheeled.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:37 pm

It looks a lot like a #2 Little Wonder plow. It doesn't look exactly like my picture, but they made it for quite a while and the differences may be because of an age difference. The one on eBay also looks like it may have an adjustable width. Any of these differences may be from being built in Europe too.

The Little Wonder was a lighter and less expensive plow than the Little Genious. Small old plows generally bring more money than bigger ones because they can be hauled around easier and pulled with smaller show tractors. Even so, the price seems kind of high, but I don't know how the prices run there either. I notice somebody welded moldboard extensions on it. Too bad.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:47 pm

Did the conversion on 600 Euros. The starting price on the plow is $493.92 (US).

No opinion on Bid or Not Bid.

Eugene

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:23 pm

I thought a Euro was running around $1.20. If so, the price is sitting around $725 US.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:11 am

Sorry Jim: Been building fence all day and I feel really old and youthfully challenged. 150 steel posts driven in by hand in rocky Missouri soil.

$1.00 = .8232 Euro. $725.00 is about right. That's a pretty good price for the plow.

Eugene

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Patbretagne » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:22 am

Thanks Guys, Hope you're not too tired after fence-posting.
Jim I thought that the photo looks like the extensions are welded, as you say a shame, Mid day here will tell if I have decided to bid,
Thanks again for your replies
Pat
I'll let you know

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Patbretagne » Tue May 09, 2006 1:58 am

Well Guys, finally went down to near Cognac (Nersac in fact) with Noëlles Citoën Berlingo and a smal trailer to collect the plough this weekend having paid for the beast long time ago, found a great crowd of guys in a little village, all of whom seem to be tractor fans.
Getting it on the trailer took a little while, had to take it partly to pieces, narrow the wheel-width down and have 5 men good and strong to lift it onto the trailer. Against Cub equipment it is "what is known in the trade as HEAVY"
It is in very good condition and fortunately the mouldboard extensions are not welded on :lol: , it had recently done some work and the "weld" was some chalky earth lodged up there.
It is what's known in France as a semi-mounted plough as, not having a rear land-wheel it had a system of suspension on the towbar to lift the backend out of the ground.
Will post a good pic when it is on the ground again and put together, Baby will enjoy pulling it around pretending he is strong enough to drop it into the ground! We'll see :?
Can't wait to get it behind a tractor and see what it will do.
Pat

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”