This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fuel fitting thread identification: 340U

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Fuel fitting thread identification: 340U

Postby Paul_NJ » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:02 pm

Threaded into the fuel inlet in the casting of the Zenith carb on my 340U is a right angle brass fitting with a elongated filter screen on one end. The thread on the screen end of the fitting (into the carb) is 1/8" NPT. Does anyone know the type of threaded fitting on the outside (female) end of the filter fitting? There had been a copper line from the carb to the fuel strainer which I apparently lost before figuring out how to replace it. I don't believe it was a flare fitting, but rather a compression fitting. I also believe the original line was 5/16.

Using the existing fitting, I wanted to reduce it down to a 1/4 tube, into an in-line filter, thru a shutoff valve, and into the gas tank, eliminating the fuel bowl/shutoff. May have to use a 1/4 x 5/15 reducer. All this because I have a really nice SS shutoff I wanted to use, and it's 1/4".

Any ideas on what the thread is coming out of the carb fitting/screen is would be appreciated.
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:49 pm

I'm not sure on the size, but I just did this with the Cub, and I like it alot better than the fuel bowl. Also I had to use a bunch of different size fittings to get the right sizes...

Johnny

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”