Fuel fitting thread identification: 340U

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Fuel fitting thread identification: 340U

Postby Paul_NJ » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:02 pm

Threaded into the fuel inlet in the casting of the Zenith carb on my 340U is a right angle brass fitting with a elongated filter screen on one end. The thread on the screen end of the fitting (into the carb) is 1/8" NPT. Does anyone know the type of threaded fitting on the outside (female) end of the filter fitting? There had been a copper line from the carb to the fuel strainer which I apparently lost before figuring out how to replace it. I don't believe it was a flare fitting, but rather a compression fitting. I also believe the original line was 5/16.

Using the existing fitting, I wanted to reduce it down to a 1/4 tube, into an in-line filter, thru a shutoff valve, and into the gas tank, eliminating the fuel bowl/shutoff. May have to use a 1/4 x 5/15 reducer. All this because I have a really nice SS shutoff I wanted to use, and it's 1/4".

Any ideas on what the thread is coming out of the carb fitting/screen is would be appreciated.
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/
Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jostev » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:49 pm

I'm not sure on the size, but I just did this with the Cub, and I like it alot better than the fuel bowl. Also I had to use a bunch of different size fittings to get the right sizes...

Johnny
jostev
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C