This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

voltage regulator identification?

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
64/67lo-boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23453
Tractors Owned: .
48 cub
67 loboy
52 super c
74 cub 154
50 c
Circle of Safety: Y

voltage regulator identification?

Postby 64/67lo-boy » Fri May 12, 2017 9:03 am

I just got my generator rebuilt and back on the C. I put a new, saposed to be 6 volt regulator installed and everything is wired up with proper size wire. light circut is not in place. I dont think that it is charging. my digital meter jumps around and i dont think it can be used for this. I have a old craftsman anolog one that shows just under 6 volts at idel and when raising the rpm it reads 6 volts exactly. while running the engine and jumping the gen and bat terminals i get a spark and a discharge on the charge meter on the dash. voltage change is minimal total of one volt on the anolog.

Real question is how do i tell the difference between the 12v and the 6v regulators?
I want to make sure I have the corect regulator.
Pete from Virginia Beach

64/67lo-boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23453
Tractors Owned: .
48 cub
67 loboy
52 super c
74 cub 154
50 c

Re: voltage regulator identification?

Postby 64/67lo-boy » Fri May 12, 2017 9:42 am

I just got back in from going out and following the trouble shooting flow chart. It all of a sudden started charging. Must have been in the regulator or the polerization didnt take the first time. Not sure, Ill have to keep an eye on it durring use.
Pete from Virginia Beach

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Re: voltage regulator identification?

Postby Jim Becker » Fri May 12, 2017 11:17 am

Yeah, watch it closely for a while. It could have been a bad connection (possibly a ground) that you improved or cured while in the process of running the tests. My initial thought as I read your first post was a bad connection from the generator "F" to the regulator or the grounding of the regulator frame.

Back to your original question, if it is a Delco regulator, the part number is usually stamped into the regulator frame often next to one of the mounting screws. It will be a Delco part number which can be found in the Cub Parts Catalog. The voltage and polarity is usually stamped next to or below the part number. It will be something like 6P or 12N. Non-Delco regulators may have similar stamping. Sometimes it is on the bottom side and may be stamped in or simply printed.

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”