Rim replaced. Wheww!

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:19 pm

I picked up a Super C back in March. One rear rim was pretty badly rusted and about two months ago it let go. It sounded like a gun went off when it blew :shock: I've been looking even since for a reasonably priced used rim in good shape. I'm here to tell you they don't seem to exist. I found one about 70 miles from my home, it was poorly repaired around the valve stem area and really looked bad even though it was painted up. The guy wanted $150, I refused to pay that much and he wasn't coming off his price. I left without it. That's when I decided to bite the bullet and get a new aftermarket rim, I got from a place near Akron (about 40 miles) for $210. I also found out there are no 11.2 x 36 inner tubes anymore so I got a 11.2 x 38 from a different place, in Akron. The guy I got the rim from happened to have a set of fenders for a C so I ended up getting those too.

Anyway here's the new rim and tire mounted on the tractor, with the "new" fenders.
superc mower2.png

I replaced the rim myself. It took a few hours to crib up the back of the tractor and get the bolts out. Another hour to dismount the tire from the rim. I bolted the new rim on the tractor then proceeded to mount the tire and tube on the rim. It actually went on very nicely, I was deeply surprised!!

superc mower3.png

The "new" cutter I picked up a while back.

superc mower4 - Copy1.png

A view of the fast hitch set up.

superc mower.png

...and the Cub with his cutter beside his bigger brother, dare I say the Super C(ub) ?? I 'spose not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Rim replaced. Wheww!

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:37 am

Some parts are really hard to find, Ray. At used prices like that maybe I need to look into selling a couple 38" rims I have. They probably aren't as hard to find as 36".

Re: Rim replaced. Wheww!

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:51 pm

Asking isn't the same as selling, and I'll bet he still has that rim at $150, and will for a long long time.

Whoever told you 11.2x36 tubes didn't exist is full of it. Google search yields dozens of potential sources.