7' Mower/cutter

Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:38 pm

I found what looks to be a real nice Fast Hitch 7' mower for my Super C. The man is asking $400, sounds pretty reasonable to me. Any thoughts? Thanks.
super c 8.jpg

super c 9.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 7' Mower/cutter

Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:50 pm

Looks really nice. Sounds like a deal to me. I know if I run across one in that shape for that price, I'd snatch it up!

Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:34 am

That's what I thought. Going to get it tonight.

Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:16 am

Looked at the pics again. I've never seen a fast hitch like that on a Super C? Did they make more than one version?

Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:13 am

They redesigned the fast hitch for the 230.

Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:19 am

Matt Kirsch wrote:They redesigned the fast hitch for the 230.

Thanks, Matt. I don't know much about a 230, as you can see! :-)

Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:33 am

I picked it up last night (only 20 miles away). It wasn't quite as nice as it appeared in the pic's (do they ever?) but still pretty decent. I got it for slightly less than the asking price. The p/o ran it for me and it sounds alright. I believe it's a model C-21-P (the P indicates a fast hitch version) built for a Super C, he even had the rod that connects to the front rock shaft. Interestingly he had it mounted on a 230 and that rod was useless for him, he had a chain cobbled on there instead and little to no adjustability, otherwise it seemed to be functional and a decent fit. Even got a spare cutter bar insert. Also the 230 fast hitch doesn't seem to be as convenient as the one on a Super C, fewer hydraulic adjustments.
tmays wrote:I've never seen a fast hitch like that on a Super C? Did they make more than one version?

The tractor in the pic's is a 230 and has the manual adjustment similar to a Cub's fast hitch.
Anyway, going to go through it and attempt to sharpen it up, repair or replace blades and rock guards as necessary, although it works pretty well as is.