This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fertilizer buckets on Craigslist!!

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
PaDeutzguy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15324

Fertilizer buckets on Craigslist!!

Postby PaDeutzguy » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:10 pm

I just grabbed these fertilizer buckets/hoppers on Craigslist tonight. They were about an hour from me, but when I saw what they were, I went for them. The guy's grandfather bought them on a corn planter new, they stopped using them in the late 1970s or early 1980s and were greased and oiled and put in the attic of a shed! They turn freely, one has a tiny pin hole in the hopper side at the bottom. The lids are straight and fit very tight! J bolts are there with wing nuts. There is still some blue paint on the bottoms of them!

I want to clean them up, I'm thinking they should be galvanized color on the hoppers themselves, so I'll strip them. The bottom should be blue judging from the paint on the bottom, but that doesn't seem right? The "holders" for them on the tractor are red. I see the splitter spout (tube mounts) on the tractor had a little blue on them here and there. Does that sound right?? What about the feed level?

I bought the new ones for the tractor for $160 each on ebay a few years ago and they work great, and will continue to. These two I just got are just for shows!

I gave $200 for them both... hope I did well??
Attachments
downsized_0308141852.jpg
downsized_0308141852.jpg (19.43 KiB) Viewed 1833 times

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01085
eBay ID: havoc1482
Tractors Owned: _______ 1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: @havoc1482

Re: Fertilizer buckets on Craigslist!!

Postby havoc1482 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:20 pm

I'd assume the blue is correct. I've seen IH fertilizer units with that blue paint on them as well as cultivators. I couldn't find any specific pictures for you, but this is the general idea:

Not sure about the reason why on the last two pictures, the mounts are painted differently. One is all blue and the other pic is partially blue.
Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

IH Collectors Club New England (Chapter 18)

Western Mass. (The 413)

PaDeutzguy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15324

Postby PaDeutzguy » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:42 pm

Thanks for the pics Mike! The M and the last picture are what I've been told is correct, blue arms and red mounts. I guess it's really just what ever color you want to make it! I really thought the holders for the side dressers should be blue, but when I cleaned them, they were red from the factory, unless someone else stripped them down, and judging from the rest of the tractor that didn't happen! If you figure the cultivator arms were blue, the true tool itself, then probably the bottom of the bucket/hopper and the spouts should be blue and the mount should be red like the tractor. The tractor is completely apart this winter, save for the transmission. The tin work was painted by a body shop, so I'm trying to get the rest of it acid washed and then I'll shoot it, as its mostly all cast now. Thanks again...

(CUB HUT)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47401

Postby (CUB HUT) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:57 pm

The picture havoc1482 used is mine, the planter is finished now ---Blue is correct
THE OLDER I GET ---THE BETTER I WAS

If you can read this... thank a teacher... if you are reading it in English....THANK A VET !!!

Jason (IL)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60936
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub SN 8664
48 Cub
50 Demo
54 Cub
3-55 Cub
2-56 Cub
55 LOBOY SN 876
57 LOBOY
58 French Cub
2- 60 LOBOY
69 Cub
54 Super M
42 H
48 H
57 300LP
57 450
Cub Cadet 123
Cub Cadet 149

Postby Jason (IL) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:11 pm

I got 4 of them hoppers in the shed off a 4 row planter. I got lucky though a found them in the shed on a farm grandpa rents. They were tearing down the barn so I got em for free! :)

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”