Removing gas filter/valve

Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:11 pm

I am having trouble with gas leaking through the gas settling bowl past the closed valve on the side of it when it is turned off. So I was going to take it off and see what the problem is. I can see the gas line takes a standard gas line wrench in about 9/16" or so. But I can't see how to remove the entire settling bowl/valve assembly from the bottom of the tank. Is it just threaded into the bottom of the tank like a pipe thread? And how do I turn it out? What kind of tool is used? And what kind of sealer do I use when putting it back? :help:

Re: Removing gas filter/valve

Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:13 pm

I forgot to mention. Its a 1954 Super C with fast hitch. Looks all standard to me.

Re: Removing gas filter/valve

Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:39 pm

Should have flat spots that you can get a wrench on (see attached photo from TM Tractor Parts). It just unscrews from the tank. I use Permatex High Performance Thread Sealant. Make sure you let it cure IAW the package instructions. That's also a good opportunity to flush out any debris in the tank.