This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Check Valve Question

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155
Circle of Safety: Y

Check Valve Question

Postby VinceD » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:59 pm

I have a question concerning the hydraulic "check valve" block that sits on the platform directly in front of the seat assembly. The parts list refers to it as Block, Check Valve, Assembly, #360402R92.

What does it do? Is it necessary? I ask this because the rear hydraulic remote control system (cylinder with break away couplings) does not have this control valve. But if you have a quick hitch it is there. Yet you can lock the hitch and remove the cylinder to use in the same manner as the remote control system.

My hydraulic system works great one direction but takes forever to move the other way. If I switch hoses on the cylinder I have the same symptoms reversed. I read on another forum where a user with the same problem just took the check valve out of the system and everything worked perfectly.

I didn't want to do this without checking with the experts first. What do you think?

Vince
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Check Valve Question

Postby Boss Hog » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:20 pm

I believe that valve is to prevent the lift from dropping to the ground at a great speed when the lift is lowered with a heavy load, 2 point plow etc.
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”