This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

FARMALL C WITH ENGINE CONDENSATION

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
baldwindiesel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44820

FARMALL C WITH ENGINE CONDENSATION

Postby baldwindiesel » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Hello:
I have a 1949 Farmall C that runs great and I used it to plow snow this winter. Last summer I noticed that I had condensation on the right side of the engine along the head gasket; middle cylinders. I'm not getting any coolant in the engine oil, but I'm worried that I may have a bad head gasket. Any thoughts ?
It sure is hard to decide which tractor I like the best; my Farmall C or the Farmall CUB ! They both are real handy tractors to have around!

Thanks !

Baldwindiesel

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ironlegs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16426
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Super A
1958 Farmall Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: FARMALL C WITH ENGINE CONDENSATION

Postby Ironlegs » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:20 am

I ran my 1951 Super A for several years while it was producing a lot of condensation that would be expelled through the oil fill cap. When the engine began to loose power and run rough, I had a tractor mechanic examine it. We found it had a small crack in the head at one of the valves. Coolant would get into the combustion areas via this crack. The coolant leak was small and I thought the loss was from operating on uneven ground (going out the over flow tube). The tractor mechanic found the head/valve problems by loosening the spark plug connectors at the plugs and loosely setting them on the plug terminals. He would lift them, one at a time, and listen carefully to the engine to see if the engine missed more than when all the wires were in-place. This was very educational. I bet you have a crack like mine if your coolant is being used up.
Ironlegs John

Super Dale
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 65041

Re: FARMALL C WITH ENGINE CONDENSATION

Postby Super Dale » Sun May 10, 2015 10:41 pm

I suspect I may have a very minor crack also as the amount of coolant that escapes is very small and it takes quite a few hours of running to contaminate the oil. Other than replacing the head, what is the fix for this problem?
Thanks,
Dale

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”