This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

super c charging system

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Evets
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48652
Tractors Owned: 1951 farmall C
1950 farmall super C

super c charging system

Postby Evets » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:37 pm

I have a 1951 super C that wont charge, the ampmeter shows a small discharge I am almost posative that the voltage regulator is in working condition.
The output voltage on the generator is 1.7VDC. I have cleaned the comunicator (AKA armature) with no change in voltage. Even tryed to polarize the generator and that has made no diffrence.Should I think about rebuilding the generator or replace it, maybe just change out the brushes??

Any Ideas Or hints would be Greatfully Appriciated!!!

Thanks!

FYI this is a 6Vdc pos grounded system.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BIGHOSS
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37087
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub S/N 9216
w/ C-22 Mower

1974 Cub S/N 244814
w/59 Woods Mower

Ford 3000 Gas S/N C375091 w/Bushhog QT2345 Loader & 6' Squealer Bushhog
and a Palomino Mare named GIGI
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: super c charging system

Postby BIGHOSS » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:49 pm

I am certainly interested in fixing anything on a tractor that I think I can. But, sometimes it is prudent to use outside help to make the repairs quickly and correctly. To me a non-working charging system is a no brainer to ask for help. Anytime I have a charging problem, I take the genny and VR to an old time shop. He will only repair what he thinks needs to be replaced and then test it. Most of the time he will charge around $40-50 for this service. I would much rather do this than fret with trying to repair it myself and removing it from the tractor several times. JMHO
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway".......John Wayne

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”