Switch to full style
Farmall C & Super C Tractors, 1948-1954

Forum rules

Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Post a reply

Clutch Spring, HELP!!!!!!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:56 pm

TXLUGNUT (aka my boyfriend) changed out the oil in the transmission (I think it was the transmission) along with an animal nest of some sort that has been in it a long time, and the Clutch spring came off too. We can't figure out how it goes back on and he said we may have to remove the gas tank and a couple of other compenets to get it back on. Any ideas on how to get it back on without tearing the tractor apart? It's a 1953 Farmall Super C. Thank you in advance! :help:

Re: Clutch Spring, HELP!!!!!!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:00 pm

I'm sorry I've never worked a Super C. If you don't get the answer your looking for I would recommend trying the red power forum as they are much more diverse in the tractors the talk about.

Good Luck, David C

http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/index.php

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:22 pm

I am like David, where is the spring located, and which spring is it? Pedal return spring, coil spring on pressure plate, or horseshoe shaped spring on pressure plate

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Best thing to do is to visit Binder Books and buy the needed manuals. Suggest these:

# 1004315 Farmall Super C Tractor Operators manual, 98 pages $21.95
# TC-44B Farmall Super C Tractor Parts Catalog. 234 pages $34.95
# GSS-SCSet Service Manual Set (includes Chassis, Engine and Touch Control Service manuals). $57.95
# CHS-12 Clutch Adjustment for Farmall Super A, Super C and Farmall H & M Tractors, 8 pages $ 8.95

These would be all the ones you need for your Super C
Post a reply