Fri May 13, 2011 4:22 pm
This question is for those who have done work on their C/Super C Monroe seat assemblies. I'm trying to figure out how to disassemble the bushings, etc. that hold the upper mount of the shock absorber in place. Any suggestions? I'll try to get a photo this weekend to clarify the question.
Sun May 15, 2011 5:04 pm
Here's the photo...
I'm trying to determine how to disassemble this to replace the shock absorber. The Parts Catalog shows the two donut shaped metal pieces as seperate bushings. To me, they seem very solidly attached to the frame. I'm afraid to whack them too hard, for fear of damaging the frame. Anyone had one of these apart? I think this same setup is used on the H and M.
P.S. This is where the upper end of the shock attaches.
Sun May 15, 2011 5:55 pm
Don, I just looked at my SC but couldn't see anything other than what is in your picture. If I get a chance tomorrow i will pull the bolt and see what happens.
I replaced the shock on my H several years ago but don't remember having any problems or issues.
Tue May 17, 2011 5:37 pm
hmm..I know I had mine apart, and don't recall having much if any trouble..
I'll go down to the barn and take a look next chance I get..
Maybe looking at it up close will shed some light on this..
Tue May 17, 2011 6:24 pm
Don, I pulled the bolt and the shock and bushings easily seperated from the seat support. No force was required.
The two bushings seem to be joined together somehow. I did not apply any force as I do not have any replacement parts. The bushings do seem to be about the same size as the loop in the end of the shock and may slide through that opening to remove. Again, I did not test the premise.
Hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tue May 17, 2011 6:34 pm
If it is like the shock on an automobile they are part of the shock. I'd have to check the parts manual to be sure.
Tue May 17, 2011 6:40 pm
Aha!!! There is a "tube" that goes through the two bushings and the rubber pieces according to the Parts Catalog. Now I know I just need a bigger hammer.
Tue May 17, 2011 11:19 pm
I'm with Cecil on this...Kevin....let us know what happens.Kevin
Wed May 18, 2011 3:42 pm
Everything came apart easily. Just needed a little more brute force and the knowledge that I wasn't going to ruin something. Thanks, all.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.