This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Best Manuals

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Best Manuals

Postby Harold R » Tue May 05, 2009 6:53 am

Yeah....I'm using the scanners software. It's an HP6180. In the "tools" section of the set-up, I can select from about 8 or 10 different file extensions. PDF seemed to be the most popular for personal use...scanning documents that I like to have on file, such as kids birth certificates..innoculation records, etc. I guess my primary question is.....once I scan the whole manual in pdf......can I go back and just copy those files, or convert those files into JPEG without having to re-scan the whole manual?
Can't say I care too much for the HP software. I spend a lot of time disabling stuff like, "ink-level" monitors. It interrupts scanning just to tell me my "yellow" ink level is low.
I can forward you some pages if you like.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue May 05, 2009 1:25 pm

Harold:

I am not really good with the newer scanners... mostly cause I don't use em. Bob in CT does a lot of scanning for the server, and he compiles .pdf's. He then exports ? to jpegs without having to rescan. Shoot him a pm and he should be able to tell you what he does..

Send along as many as you wish.. I always like manuals. (if you prefer, I have a gmail addy for manuals now -- rudisaueracker@gmail.com and I find that works real well for mulitpage manuals..)

I also am not a fan of hp software.. it clutters up my systray, uses resources I do not want used and is generally a PITA.. but hey.. that is the way software is going.. point and click.. and I will stop there.. :big shy:... suffice to say, I much prefer my own input into what I am doing.. I should try Emilie's HP1610 and see what it does.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Tue May 05, 2009 10:31 pm

I'm 2/3rd's done with scanning......but I have to get back to work. I'll set a target of being done with it all by next tuesday. It's slow going. :Big not impressed:

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed May 06, 2009 6:19 am

Harold:

I know and I appreciate what you are doing. When I do a parts manaul it can take me about 12-16 hours of solid scanning. It ain't quick... and if you think it is slow on XP try it on Win98SE (that is the OS I have to use for my scanner)

I appreciate and I am sure everyone else will as well. Don't work too hard... :!: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”