I had already begun the work on my first Super C. It was a complete tractor, but had been left on the fence row for a number of years, with the exhaust uncovered. When I got it home, the sheet metal was a little thin, but workable, tires were worthless, and the motor was stuck......however the tractor was free, so I figured I'd give it a go. I started on the engine first, as it needed a complete overhaul. As I'm starting to go back together with it, my Dad calls....seems he's found another Super C in decent shape.....usable tires....straight tin.....cultivators......motor not stuck(not running though)...and had been barn kept....even though it didn't run. I was not too excited at the idea of another project, but after I took a look at it, and the price of $300 delivered.....the wheels started to turn. This Super C looked so much better that my fence row C. I have decided to put the good parts that I have collected over the past few months onto this tractor. The motor will be getting the new pistons and sleeves, and the head I rebuilt. My Dad will have the grill, lights, and hood looking like new......then I'll have a good working Super C........and quite a few spare parts. Here's a few pics. There's so much difference between a tractor that has stayed out in the elements vs. one that has been covered.
After a good pressure washing.