This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall Super C Quit

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cjet69
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: Family owned: Over 30 antique tractors and 30 garden/lawn tractors

Farmall Super C Quit

Postby cjet69 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:21 pm

I was clearing some snow on the 1/4-mile pathway/road between the house and barn yesterday afternoon to make walking easier as the snow melts. The Super C was just purring along for about an hour and the just shut off. We have had the fuel line plug before, so I checked that first. Had plenty of fuel. Checked spark and nothing. It was getting dark by then, so we towed it out of the woods where it had died. Today after feeding the cows, I checked it again, still no spark. Opened up the distributor and found the points weren't opening. I put on my cheaters for a better look and the rub block on the points was nowhere near the distributor cam. I then noticed something laying in the bottom of the distributor. I picked it up and inspected it close which I could do because I had my cheaters on. ;) Turns out this chunk was part of the rub block that broke off. I've seen them worn badly before but not broke off like this one. Checked through the parts we keep in one of the toolboxes and found a new set of points for the Super C. I didn't want to work on the tractor where it is currently sitting out in the snow in case I dropped a small screw while changing things out. Maybe tomorrow.

100_5855-m.jpg

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall Super C Quit

Postby tst » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:30 pm

seen that with the imported points

cjet69
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: Family owned: Over 30 antique tractors and 30 garden/lawn tractors

Postby cjet69 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:53 pm

I got to thinking about the points and if I only changed the one half all I would need to do is loosen one nut thereby eliminating the possible loss of a screw. So that is what I did. Didn't even have to readjust them to get it running. I will change the other half but at a time and place with better conditions. Anyway, its up and running and can be used the way it is. The second pic is where I changed the points and the third is where it is now parked by the feedlot entrance ready for cleanup duty.

100_5856-m.jpg
100_5858-m.jpg
100_5859-m.jpg

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby ricky racer » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:56 pm

That's using the ol' noodle!! :big smile:
1929 Farmall Regular