This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super C radiator replacement

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DonMountain
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65101

Super C radiator replacement

Postby DonMountain » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:51 pm

I have a Super C tractor with a badly leaking radiator, and recently purchased a new one. I removed the hood, front radiator cover, hoses and removed the bolts holding the radiator down to the fan shroud on each side. But now I don't know how the two larger bolts through the bottom of the radiator are removed? Has anybody removed one of these and can tell me the process? Or have a repair manual that details the removal of these two bolts? I know a 5/8" wrench fits the nuts on the bottom?

Don
1959 International Cub Lo-Boy W/Fast hitch, 59 Woods, dozer blade, plow
1954 Farmall Super C W/Fast hitch, belly dozer blade
1950 Farmall M

JoeB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Super C radiator replacement

Postby JoeB » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:13 am

They came two ways, some had studs welded to the radiator, others had a carriage bolt. If it is the carriage bolt type, the shoulder is usually worn round, and is near impossible to remove the normal way. You will have to cut them loose with a hacksaw on top of the housing, between the radiator and the cast iron.

customcutter
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 33596
Tractors Owned: Super A Industrial
Farmall 100

Re: Super C radiator replacement

Postby customcutter » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:41 pm

I just removed the radiator from a Super AV. The 2 bottom bolts were attached to the bottom of the radiator. One had rusted completely off.

In my case the bolts were rusted tight to the frame/chassis. I broke the bolt on the right hand side trying to get the nut off. The bolt on the left side was rusted off and when I tried to remove the radiator it would only pivot on the bolt on the right hand side. I had to pull the rubber cushion out around the bolt and cut it in half with a hacksaw.

The bolts were rusted tight in the frame so I had to center punch and drill out the stud on the right side. The bolt on the left side I was able to put the nut back on and tighten it up against the frame. Then I double wrenched it and was finally able to break it free of the rusted frame. After working it around for a few minutes I tapped it out with a hammer and punch. Be careful trying to punch it out as the frame is cast iron and will snap off easily. You can read the whole story in the Super A sub-section. Good luck