This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Belly mower on c or super c

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rick Spivey
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 29518
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Belly mower on c or super c

Postby Rick Spivey » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:26 pm

Bill Hudson wrote:
Rick Spivey wrote:... Lastly make sure the left and right sides of the belt are at the same height, as well as being horizontal. ...

Hate to disagree with Rick, but on a Woods 59 the outer spindle pulleys are at different heights. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if the outside pulleys are in different positions on a wider Woods mower.

My Woods manual is in the Cubhouse now, or I would quote the numbers for you.

Bill

Well, I did start by saying I had no experience with the wider mowers. But I think the overarching consideration is that the belts have a preferred path and and attitude, which an owner should keep intact. Once the belts are allowed to deviate from the intended path, issues like jumping off will happen. Thanks Bill, for the precision and correction, because we want the readers to have correct information above all.
Rick Spivey
'52 Cub ("Great Personality") 148xxx
'48 Cub with FH ("Gunny Cub") 38xxx
'57 Lambretta (a slow work in progress)
'74 Triumph TR6 (Mama's toy)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Belly mower on c or super c

Postby Bill Hudson » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:55 pm

I've got the information from the Woods manual and the narrative refers to both the Woods L59 and the Woods L306.
This is the setup for the pulleys:
Woods 59 Pulleys.jpg

And this is the Manual number printed on each of the pages I have:
Woods Manual #.jpg

Unfortunately, I do not have the complete manual, just three pages. Hopefully this information will be of help.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”