This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Clutch won’t disengage

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gus Keeter
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27874

Clutch won’t disengage

Postby Gus Keeter » Fri May 25, 2018 1:10 pm

Well I was doing some garden work with the Super C and at the end of the row I depressed the clutch pedal and nothing happened. I popped it out of gear and killed the motor. From there I adjusted the pull rod and managed to get it to disengage for a brief second and then depressed the clutch and nothing happened again. The tractor pulls fine in gear but when you push the clutch nothing happens. I had to put the tractor in gear and then start to get it back. Thoughts.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gus Keeter
5+ Years
5+ Years

Re: Clutch won’t disengage

Postby Gus Keeter » Fri May 25, 2018 4:10 pm

Update:
So looking in I could see one of the fingers was away from the pressure plate. I tightened the bolt up on the finger and it’s back working. I’m pushed for time and just hand tightened. Seems weird to me though.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sat May 26, 2018 3:36 am

Split the tractor. Disassemble the clutch, check the linkage. You will have to see what went wrong and repair.

Just thinking. Could be the pilot bushing freezing up or the clutch disk coming apart and pieces hanging up between the pressure plate and flywheel.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Gus Keeter
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Gus Keeter » Sun May 27, 2018 9:33 am

Problem came right back before I got out of the shed. I got the wrenches out and the bolt feels stripped ?? Of course the hole is small so I can’t see it well and I ve never examined a clutch closely to really know about it. So if the bolt is “feeling stripped” then what do we think is the problem ? Thanks

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sun May 27, 2018 12:21 pm

I'm assuming the small bolts are the ones holding the pressure plate to the fly wheel.

As I said earlier, split the tractor. Then you can disassemble the clutch and determine the failure cause.

There is no use in trying to guess the problem(s), because the fix will require splitting the tractor.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Gus Keeter
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Gus Keeter » Mon May 28, 2018 10:57 am

My next post will be splitting tips. I’m gonna make some sstands and go ahead and start the process

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”